HighScope and Georgia Bright From the Start
The Georgia Department of Early Care and Learning (DECAL) has approved HighScope as a Bright from the Start preschool curriculum provider.
We’ve developed three preschool packages to meet the needs of Georgia’s Bright From the Start initiative. Each package includes The HighScope Preschool Curriculum and online professional learning courses to empower programs to effectively apply the HighScope Preschool Curriculum into every day practice. You can learn more about these resources below.
Watch an overview
In this 40-minute video, we’ll share an overview of HighScope’s 50-year history in early childhood education and discuss the philosophy of HighScope’s unique approach to teaching children. Then we’ll dive into an overview of the HighScope Curriculum and the products that are approved for Georgia Bright from the Start programs.
Approved Preschool Curriculum Resources
The HighScope Preschool Curriculum
Transform your classroom into an engaging, active learning environment where children thrive. Research based and child focused, the HighScope Curriculum is carefully designed to achieve powerful, positive results. The HighScope Preschool Curriculum has been thoughtfully curated to support early childhood educators and ensure that the implementation of the HighScope Curriculum is successful and effective. To help programs more easily identify when and how to use each resource throughout implementation, we’ve created three curriculum categories, The Essentials + The Learning Environment + Intentional Planning. Together, the resources included in this simple, three-step approach, allows your program to immediately begin creating a child-centered learning environment with a high level of engagement, exploration, and enthusiasm. Download a Preview of the HighScope Preschool Curriculum.
Curriculum resources that provide the basis for understanding HighScope’s unique approach, including active learning, Plan-Do-Review®, positive adult-child interactions, and intentionally guiding and extending children’s individual learning.
- The HighScope Preschool Curriculum 9-book Set
- Key Developmental Indicator (KDI) Scaffolding Charts
- Lesson Plans for the First 30 Days, 3rd ed.
The Learning Environment
Classroom materials that guide teachers through creating an engaging, rich, developmentally appropriate learning environment that promotes independence and inspires children to discover, interact, and solve problems.
- Setting Up the Preschool Classroom
- Daily Routine Cards
- English-Spanish Classroom Area Signs (also includes small area signs for children’s planning)
Designed to support daily learning, these resources include detailed activities for curriculum content areas and strategies to individualize learning throughout the preschool daily routine.
- Numbers Plus® Preschool Mathematics Curriculum
- STEM Made Simple: 25 Activities by Preschool Teachers
- Let’s Read It Again! Interactive Read-Alouds and 20 high-quality children’s books
- Small-Group Times to Scaffold Early Learning
- 50 Large-Group Activities for Active Learners
- Big Beats for Young Peeps (CD)
- Rhythmically Moving (CD)
Implement With Confidence
HighScope’s professional learning courses compliment the HighScope Curriculum and help to ensure your implementation is a success. Moderated by HighScope’s highly-qualified certified trainers, our online courses offer flexibility and unmatched one-on-one support for individuals at all experience levels. Each course features active engagement and collaboration while providing practical application, inspiring ideas, and effective strategies that can be immediately applied in the classroom.
These online courses are designed to be conducted over 3-4 weeks and it is estimated that teachers will need to spend at least 2-3 hours per week to complete assignments and discussions. Teachers can login at any time during the week to complete their work but the courses will adhere to the designated dates for completion. Because of our moderated approach to online courses, pre-enrollment is required at least one week prior to the start date. View our course schedule.
Contact the Educational Services team at [email protected] or call 800.587.5639 x234 for registration information.
The following online courses are approved:
(NOTE: Number of registrations depends on which Package is purchased.)
- Planning and Recall Time: Learn how to create planning and recall experiences based on children’s interests and developmental needs. Explore the beneﬁts of planning time and recall time, the similarities and diﬀerences, and how these integral processes change as the school year progresses.
- Supporting Children at Work Time: Learn how to put the “active” in active learning! Includes the four types of play children engage in during work time and strategies for supporting and scaﬀolding children’s development.
- Small-Group Time: Explore how children discover content through active learning during small-group times. This course oﬀers many new activity ideas, as well as methods for planning the three components of small-group time and scaﬀolding to maximize each child’s learning experience.
- Large-Group Time: Learn how to develop large-group activities and plans that bring children and adults together for songs, games, projects, activities, and storytelling.
- Creating Meaningful Lesson Plans: Learn strategies to plan appropriate activities for each segment of the daily routine based on curriculum content, developmental needs, and children’s interests.
Preschool Package 1P4500SET
- Preschool Curriculum Kit
- 2 registrations for online courses
Preschool Package 2P4501SET
- Preschool Curriculum Kit
- 4 registrations for online courses
Preschool Package 3P4502SET
- Preschool Curriculum Kit
- 6 registrations for online courses
Georgia Early Learning & Development Standards (GELDS) 0-60 Months (2013)
Need More Information?
The Georgia Dept of Early Care and Learning (DECAL) has negotiated special pricing for preschool programs. Price is effective throughout the life of the Bright From the Start adoption. Price includes preschool curriculum materials and HighScope Online Courses. For more information about the preschool package for Bright From the Start providers, please contact the HighScope Customer Sales Team for additional information at [email protected] or call 734.485.2000.
Order your exclusive Georgia Bright from the Start Package
Contact us today at 800.407.7377 or [email protected].