COR for Kindergarten
Kindergarten entry and ongoing assessment
When teachers use COR for Kindergarten they get a comprehensive view of each child’s development at kindergarten entry and throughout the school year. Understanding each child’s level of developmental progression in the areas crucial for future school success is fundamental to a teacher’s ability to support each child’s learning.
COR for Kindergarten provides that insight and more in one assessment system that teachers can successfully administer and reliably score. Not only does this online assessment system enable teachers to use the information they collect to inform individualized instruction and develop small- and whole-group lesson plans, it can also help them detect learning problems, allowing them to quickly intervene and monitor children’s progress.
COR for Kindergarten is organized into five domains:
- Literacy and Language
- Health and Physical Development
- Approaches to Learning
- Social and Emotional Development
COR for Kindergarten comprises the Kindergarten Entry Record (KER), the Ongoing Record (OR), and a progress-monitoring tool.
- The KER is an observation-based assessment administered during the first few months of school that measures what a child knows and can do at kindergarten entry across five domains.
- The Ongoing Record (OR) is an observation-based assessment that measures the same five domains and consists of the 20 KER items and 10 additional items that kindergarten teachers and experts identified as useful to track throughout the kindergarten year. The OR measures attainment of end-of-year kindergarten standards.
- The progress-monitoring tools can be used by teachers to monitor the growth of children who need additional support to attain the end-of-year kindergarten standards.
Ready to order?
Contact our team!
800.587.5639 Ext 234
At HighScope, we believe that educators deserve the same level of inspiration and individualization that they provide children every day. Explore our current professional learning opportunities.