Date: July 17-21, 2023
Location: In-person and Virtual
This year, HighScope’s Summer Workshops will be held in Ypsilanti, Michigan, for in-person and virtual attendees. If in-person registration does not meet the minimum class criteria, that workshop will be reclassified and facilitated virtually.
Virtual users will need a computer with internet access and the ability to listen to audio either through internal or external computer speakers. Virtual users will also need the capability to participate in weekly Zoom calls, either via the Zoom app or via the Zoom website (www.zoom.us). To participate fully in the weekly Zoom calls, you will need microphone capabilities through an internal or external computer microphone or telephone. If you want your peers and facilitator(s) to see you during these calls, you can use your computer’s built-in camera or another video device (e.g., external webcam) or you can use your mobile device.
Improve individual skills and overall program quality with the comprehensive 4-week course. The ITCC supports the successful implementation of the HighScope Infant-Toddler Curriculum. The Infant-Toddler Curriculum Course (ITCC) also satisfies the prerequisite for the HighScope Training of Trainers (ToT) course.
Topics covered in the course include:
- Active Learning for infants and toddlers in a child care setting
- Supportive adult-child interaction with infants and toddlers
- Daily schedules and caregiving routines
- Classroom arrangement
- The infant-toddler key developmental indicators
- COR Advantage
- The HighScope Infant-Toddler Program Quality Assessment (PQA)
This course is four weeks long. You will need to register for each week individually; all four weeks are required to complete the course.
Week 1—July 10-14, 2023
Week 2—July 17-21, 2023
Weeks 3 & 4—To be held Summer of 2024
- Course Registration closes Monday, November 29, 2022. Late registrations cannot be accepted.
- Please provide participant(s) name(s) and email address(es) in the order notes on checkout.
- If paying by PO, please complete online registration for all of your participants, and send in a copy of your web order with your PO to [email protected].
- HighScope will grant refunds only if withdrawal from the course prior to its start. Materials will need to be returned to HighScope at your expense.
- Cancellation must be received by email to [email protected].