Date: July 10-14, 2023
Location: In-person or Virtual
This year, HighScope’s Summer Workshops will be held in Ypsilanti, Michigan, for in-person and virtual attendees. If in-person registration does not meet the minimum class criteria, that workshop will be reclassified and facilitated virtually.
Virtual users will need a computer with internet access and the ability to listen to audio either through internal or external computer speakers. Virtual users will also need the capability to participate in weekly Zoom calls, either via the Zoom app or via the Zoom website (www.zoom.us). To participate fully in the weekly Zoom calls, you will need microphone capabilities through an internal or external computer microphone or telephone. If you want your peers and facilitator(s) to see you during these calls, you can use your computer’s built-in camera or another video device (e.g., external webcam) or you can use your mobile device.
Build individual skills and overall program quality with this comprehensive course designed for both teachers and administrators. The PCC supports the effective implementation of the HighScope Preschool Curriculum in your early childhood program.
Features of the course include:
- Comprehensive coverage of the five major topics in the HighScope wheel of learning: active learning, adult-child interaction, learning environment, daily routine, and assessment
- Active participation and study for participants to engage them in the learning process
The Preschool Curriculum Course (PCC) enables colleagues who complete the program to effectively implement the HighScope Preschool Curriculum. Upon completion of the PCC, teachers are encouraged to apply for the HighScope Teacher Certification. The PCC also satisfies the prerequisite for the HighScope Training of Trainers (ToT) course.
This course is four weeks long. You will need to register for each week individually; all four weeks are required to complete the course.
Week 1— July 10–14, 2023
Week 2—July 17–21, 2023
Week 3—Summer of 2024
Week 4—Summer of 2024
- Course Registration closes Monday, June 26, 2023. Late registrations cannot be accepted.
- Please provide participant(s) name(s) and email address(es) in the order notes on checkout.
- If paying by PO, please complete online registration for all of your participants, and send in a copy of your web order with your PO to [email protected].
- HighScope will grant refunds only if withdrawal from the course prior to its start. Materials will need to be returned to HighScope at your expense.
- Cancellation must be received by email to [email protected].