Intentional lesson planning – thinking ahead about how we can support our children’s learning and then incorporating that into our daily plans – doesn’t happen by chance. This course takes away that uncertainty and gives you the knowledge and self-assurance to develop intentional lesson plans.
This 4-week online course introduces you to HighScope lesson planning for infants and toddlers. You’ll learn how to:
– Create plans by looking at curriculum content as well as your children’s development and interests
– Scaffold children’s learning as part of lesson planning
– Include parents in the planning process
– Develop lesson plans as a team
You’ll leave this course with your own lesson plan, plus the skills – and confidence – to intentionally plan for infants and toddlers.
- Course Registration for this course closes two weeks before class starts. Late registrations cannot be accepted.
- If paying by PO, please complete online registration for all of your participants, and send in a copy of your web order with your PO to [email protected].
- Participants will receive their welcome email with login instructions 1-2 days before class starts.
- Participants need to provide a current email address for course communication.
- HighScope will grant a refund (minus the cost of student materials) to participants only if they withdraw from the course before it begins. To withdraw from the course, participants must send a cancellation email to [email protected] prior to the course’s start.
- This course if 4 weeks long, the first week is Welcome Week and 3 weeks of instruction Participants should plan on spending approximately 2 hours per week for assignments.
- This course is 10 credit hours.