Dates: January 18 – 19, 2022 and February 15 – 17, 2022
Location: Zoom – This is a virtual training.
Time: 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Includes a copy of Tender Care and Early Learning
During this week-long overview of the Infant-Toddler Curriculum, caregivers will be introduced to the key components of the Infant-Toddler wheel of learning to assist them in implementing high-quality experiences for their young children. This is a perfect opportunity for anyone working with infants and toddlers, including Early Head Start teachers, Head Start teachers, program administrators, and parents.
The following topics are covered:
- Active Learning focuses on infant-toddler development through the lens of the ingredients of active learning and the curriculum’s content, the key developmental indicators
- Supporting Adult-Child Interactions focuses on interaction strategies for establishing attachment and strong relationships with infants and toddlers
- Learning Environment focuses on the guidelines for setting up an active learning environment for sensory-motor learners
- Daily Schedules and Caregiving Routines focuses on strategies for creating consistent yet flexible schedules and routines for individual children as well as the group while incorporating active learning
- Group Times and Intentional Lesson Planning focuses on strategies for planning conducting small- and large-group times for sensory-motor learners and intentional lesson planning based on children’s developmental levels
- Course Registration closes Monday, January 3, 2022. Late registrations cannot be accepted.
- Please provide participant(s) name(s) and email address(es) in the order notes on checkout.
- If paying by PO, please complete online registration for all of your participants, and send in a copy of your web order with your PO to [email protected]
- Participants will receive their welcome email with login instructions 1-2 days before class starts.
- Please provide a current email address to enable course communication.
- HighScope will grant refunds (minus the cost of student materials) to students only if they withdraw from the course prior to its start.
- Cancellation must be received by email to [email protected]