Dates: July 17-21, 2023
Location: In-person or Virtual
Includes a copy of Tender Care and Early Learning and Five Day Overview training booklet.
This year, HighScope’s Summer Workshops will be held in Ypsilanti, Michigan, for in-person and virtual attendees. If in-person registration does not meet the minimum class criteria, that workshop will be reclassified and facilitated virtually.
Virtual users will need a computer with internet access and the ability to listen to audio either through internal or external computer speakers. Virtual users will also need the capability to participate in weekly Zoom calls, either via the Zoom app or via the Zoom website (www.zoom.us). To participate fully in the weekly Zoom calls, you will need microphone capabilities through an internal or external computer microphone or telephone. If you want your peers and facilitator(s) to see you during these calls, you can use your computer’s built-in camera or another video device (e.g., external webcam) or you can use your mobile device.
During this week-long overview of the Infant-Toddler Curriculum, caregivers will be introduced to the key components of the Infant-Toddler wheel of learning to assist them in implementing high-quality experiences for their young children. This is a perfect opportunity for anyone working with infants and toddlers, including Early Head Start teachers, Head Start teachers, program administrators, and parents.
The following topics are covered:
- Active Learning focuses on infant-toddler development through the lens of the ingredients of active learning and the curriculum’s content, the key developmental indicators
- Supporting Adult-Child Interactions focuses on interaction strategies for establishing attachment and strong relationships with infants and toddlers
- Learning Environment focuses on the guidelines for setting up an active learning environment for sensory-motor learners
- Daily Schedules and Caregiving Routines focuses on strategies for creating consistent yet flexible schedules and routines for individual children as well as the group while incorporating active learning
- Group Times and Intentional Lesson Planning focuses on strategies for planning conducting small- and large-group times for sensory-motor learners and intentional lesson planning based on children’s developmental levels
- Course Registration closes Monday, July 3, 2023. Late registrations cannot be accepted.
- Please provide participant(s) name(s) and email address(es) in the order notes on checkout.
- If paying by PO, please complete online registration for all of your participants, and send in a copy of your web order with your PO to [email protected].
- HighScope will grant refunds (minus the cost of student materials) to students only if they withdraw from the course prior to its start.
- Cancellation must be received by email to [email protected].