Carol Markley is a Research Coordinator at the Center for Early Education Research and Evaluation at HighScope. During her 25+ years here Carol taught in the HighScope Demonstration Preschool for three years and received her HighScope Trainer Certification. In 1997 she transferred to the Research Department (now CEERE) where she has coordinated data collection with research partners, administrators, and teachers at preschools, child care centers, family child care homes, and elementary schools; hired and trained data collectors; supervised research assistants; and coordinated data processing for multiple projects including the Head Start Quality Research Consortium Study and Michigan’s Great Start Readiness Program Evaluation. She assisted in the development and validation of the Family Child Care Program Quality Assessment. Carol served as the project coordinator for the study to validate HighScope’s Numbers Plus Early Mathematics curriculum, co-led an evaluation of the Parents as Teachers – Innovative Approaches to Literacy Project and assisted in the planning and coordination of the Conference for Early Childhood Research and Evaluation held each October from 2012 – 2015 and the Research Symposium at the HighScope Conference in May of 2016. Currently, Carol is a project coordinator for the evaluation of the Brightmoor Child Care Quality Initiative and the U.S. Department of Education Investing in Innovation (i3) partnership with Detroit Public Schools Community District.
- Brightmoor Quality Initiative (BQI) Evaluation
- US Department of Education’s Investing in Innovation (i3) Project
- Michigan’s Great Start Readiness Program (GSRP) Evaluation
- HighScope’s Numbers Plus Early Mathematics Curriculum Validation
- Parents as Teachers – Innovative Approaches to Literacy Project
- HighScope Family Child Care Program Quality Assessment Validation Study
- HighScope’s Head Start Quality Research Consortium Study
- “Let the Data Tell Your Story: Designing a Measurable Evaluation.” (Tomoko Wakabayashi with Jill Claxton and Carol Markley) presented in May, 2013 at the Annual HighScope International Conference, Ypsilanti, MI.
- Markley, C.A. & McKinney, O. (2007). Michigan School Readiness Program Evaluation Longitudinal Study: Preliminary Findings from the Grades 6-8 Follow-up Study. Poster presented at the Michigan Association for the Education of Young Children.
- Claxton, J. B., & Markley, C. A. (2006). Validation of the High/Scope Family Child Care Program Quality Assessment: Preliminary instrument findings. Poster presented at Michigan Association for the Education of Young Children.