Beth A. Hardin
As a Research Coordinator with the Center for Early Education Research and Evaluation (CEERE), most of the work Ms. Hardin focuses on revolves around organizing data collections from start (planning and creating timelines) to finish (data ready for analysis) to provide the data needed for impactful reporting. Ms. Hardin worked with the evaluations of Michigan’s Great Start Readiness Program, Early Learning Network Collaboration (ELNC), Great Start to Quality Validation and currently, with Flint Educare in partnership with American Institutes for Research. Since starting at HighScope in 1998, she contributed to the advancement of many other projects including COR Advantage, COR for K, Family Child Care PQA, GSRP Cost-Benefit Analysis, Numbers Plus, PQA-R, and Ready Schools Assessment. Beth is trained and reliable in child assessments including Minnesota Executive Functioning Scale (MEFS), Peabody Picture Vocabulary Test-4 (PPVT-4), Preschool Language Scales-5 (PLS-5), and Woodcock-Johnson IV. She is certified in classroom observations, including Pre-K CLASS and ITERS-3. Beth completed an MA in educational leadership and a BA in Psychology from Eastern Michigan University.
- Flint Educare in partnership with American Institutes for Research (2019 to present).
- Wakabayashi, T., Claxton, J., & Hardin, B. (2019). Cost Analysis 101. Workshop presented at the Michigan Association for Evaluation.
- Andrade, F., Iruka, I., Wakabayashi, T., Hardin, B., Delcamp, M., & Claxton, J. (2018). Spanish vocabulary and letter-word identification mutual influences: Poverty moderates its relationship among preschool children in Michigan.
- Poster presented at the National Research Conference on Early Childhood. Wakabayashi, T., Lower, R., Xiang, Z., Hardin, Beth. (2016).
- Michigan Great Start Readiness Program Evaluation 20 Years of Collaboration. Presentation at the Michigan Association for Evaluation. Hardin, B. A., & Claxton, J. B. (2015).
- Classroom Quality = Children’s Growth: Michigan’s Great Start Readiness Program. Workshop presented at the Michigan Association for the Education of Young Children. Wakabayashi, T., Claxton, J. B., & Hardin, B. A. (2012).
- Tips for conducting early childhood evaluations with recent Great Start Readiness Program findings. Workshop presented at the First Annual Conference of Early Childhood Research and Evaluation.
- Parks, Amy Noelle, Wakabayashi, Tomoko, & Hardin, Beth (2018). Meaningful Counting in Prekindergarten. Teaching Children Mathematics 25 (1), 053-059.