HighScope and Florida VPK
The Florida Department of Education Office of Early Learning has selected HighScope as an approved curriculum and professional learning provider for VPK Providers on Probation. Learn more about the approved resources below. Providers on Probation are required to purchase the complete VPK POP kit. When you are ready, order your approved resources!
Note: Only the approved materials listed below may be submitted for possible reimbursement. The newly released HighScope Preschool Curriculum Kit is NOT ELIGIBLE for reimbursement under the terms of the 2018 Approved Curriculum Package.
Watch an overview
In this 30-minute video, we’ll share an overview of HighScope’s 50-year history in early childhood education and discuss the philosophy of HighScope’s unique approach to teaching children. Then we’ll dive into an overview of the HighScope Curriculum and the products that are approved for School Readiness and VPK in Florida.
Approved Curriculum Resources
Transform your classroom into an engaging, active learning environment where children thrive. Research based and child focused, the HighScope Curriculum is carefully designed to achieve powerful, positive results. Our resources will support you as you scaffold children’s learning and development, and encourage young children’s interests and explorations.
General curriculum resources:
- The HighScope Preschool Curriculum (9-book set)
- Key Developmental Indicator (KDI) Scaffolding Charts
- Essentials of Active Learning in Preschool (English or Spanish)
- Lesson Plans for the First 30 Days: Getting Started With HighScope
- Setting Up the Preschool Classroom
- Small-Group Times to Scaffold Early Learning
- 50 Large-Group Activities for Acive Learners
- Real Science in Preschool: Here, There, and Everywhere
- STEM Made Simple: 25 Activities by Preschool Teachers
- Arts Smart: The Creative Arts in Preschool
- I Belong: Active Learning for Children With Special Needs
- Movement Plus Rhymes, Songs, & Singing Games
- Let’s Play and Learn Together! 30 At-Home Activities to Share With Families (English or Spanish)
- Bringing Active Learning Home: Workshops for Preschool Parents
- Storybook Talk: Conversations for Comprehension
- Fee, Fie, Phonemic Awareness: 130 Prereading Activities for Preschoolers
- Letter Links (English or Spanish)
- Story Starters for Group Times
- Numbers Plus Preschool Mathematics Curriculum
- Meaningful Math in Preschool: Making Math Count Throughout the Day
Conflict resolution resources:
- You Can’t Come to My Birthday Party! Conflict Resolution With Young Children
- You’re Not My Friend Anymore! Illustrated Answers to Questions About Young Children’s Challenging Behaviors
COR Advantage is designed for teacher and child success. Based on 34 items that are proven by research to best prepare children for later schooling, COR Advantage has the fewest items of any early childhood assessment, keeping the instructional day focused on what is most important — including children’s own interests and explorations.
COR Advantage is criterion referenced, research based, and proven valid and reliable through rigorous validation studies. COR can be used with children birth to age six, including children who are English Language Learners and those with special needs.
- COR Advantage Desk Reference (English or Spanish)
- COR Advantage Scoring Guide (English or Spanish)
- COR Advantage Webinar
- COR Advantage Subscription that includes a powerful assessment tool that allows you to track all program-specific goals, real-time data reporting, integrated family engagement, translation for family communication, user-friendly technology, and a responsive support team
Implement With Confidence
HighScope’s professional learning courses compliment the HighScope Curriculum and help to ensure your implementation is a success. Moderated by HighScope’s highly-qualified certified trainers, our online courses offer unmatched one-on-one support for individuals at all experience levels. Each course features active engagement and collaboration while providing practical application, inspiring ideas, and effective strategies that can be immediately applied in the classroom.
These online courses are designed to be conducted over 3-4 weeks and it is estimated that teachers will need to spend at least 2-3 hours per week to complete assignments and discussions. Teachers can login at any time during the week to complete their work but the courses will adhere to the designated dates for completion. Because of our moderated approach to online courses, pre-enrollment is required at least one week prior to the start date. View our course schedule.
Contact the Educational Services team at [email protected] or call 800.587.5639 x261 for registration information.
The following resources are included in your package.
- Creating Meaningful Lesson Plans
- Scaffolding Children’s Learning at Small-Group Time
- Planning and Recall: Why and How
- Large-Group Times for Active Learners
- How to Support Active Learning During Work Time
Set of 10 professional learning DVDs:
- The Daily Routine
- Plan-Do-Review in Action
- Small-Group Times for Active Learners
- Large-Group Times for Active Learners
- The Indoor and Outdoor Learning Environment
- Outside Time for Active Learners
- Adult-Child Interaction: Communicating to Support Learning
- Moving Past Praise
- “I Want All the Turns!” Supporting Children in Resolving Problems and Conflicts
- Engaging Young Learners With Special Needs
- HighScope Membership Association — join now for free!
We recommend the following optional events:
- HighScope One- and/or Two-Day Trainings
- HighScope Coaching
- HighScope Training Conferences
- Preschool Curriculum Course
- Training of Trainers Course
Florida Early Learning and Developmental Standards: Birth to Kindergarten (2017)
Florida Early Learning and Developmental Standards for Four Years Old to Kindergarten (2017)
Need More Information?
Contact the HighScope Customer Sales Team at [email protected] or call 734.485.2000.
The Florida Department of Education has negotiated special pricing. Price is effective throughout the life of the VPK adoption. Price includes curriculum materials, HighScope Online Courses, COR Advantage Webinar, eTools, and Membership in the HighScope Membership Association. Optional One- and/or Two-Day Training, Training Conferences, or Extensive Training would be in addition to the VPK Package. For more information about the package for VPK Providers on Probation, please contact your county’s early learning coalition, or visit http://www.floridaearlylearning.com/vpk/vpk-providers/vpk-curriculum.
Order your exclusive Florida VPK Package
Contact us today at 800.407.7377 or [email protected].