HighScope’s Program Quality Assessment tool (PQA is a rating instrument designed to evaluate the quality of early childhood programs and identify staff training needs. The program provides specific, easily understood quality indicators with objective 5-point rating scales that define quality along a continuum. PQA is a research-based, field-tested tool that meets standards for best practices in early childhood care and education.
Download the PQA Overview brochure.
PQA is available in three formats:
- Infant-Toddler PQA
- Preschool PQA
- Family Child Care PQA
Benefits of PQA include:
- Assesses key aspects of program quality
- Reflects research-based and field-tested best practices in early childhood education and care
- Can be aligned with the Head Start Program Performance Standards
- Provides reliable, scientifically validated assessment proven in a wide range of early childhood programs and settings
- Can be used as a basis for program accreditation, reporting, monitoring, and training
Selected domains include:
- Learning environment
- Daily routine
- Adult-child interaction
- Curriculum planning and assessment
- Parent involvement and family services
- Staff qualifications and development
- Program management
HighScope offers onsite and online learning for PQA. Because of its hands‐on, active learning style, the training is equally successful with teachers new to authentic child assessment procedures as well as those experienced with authentic assessment systems. Visit our Online Training page or email [email protected] to schedule an in-person training.
Learn more about the PQA tool with our demonstration videos! We’ll walk you through the most important parts of the tool.
PRICING AND ENROLLMENT
There are two pricing plans for OnlinePQA:
- Premium Plan: $29.95/classroom
- Basic Plan: $19.95/classroom
*Premium plan offers the option to download blank PQA forms.
Interested in enrolling? Visit our registration page to find out how.
All the necessary components of the Preschool PQA, providing everything you need to evaluate the quality of a program.
English P1203SET $27.95
All the necessary components of the Infant-Toddler PQA, providing everything you need to evaluate the quality of a program.
English F1260SET $30.00