Academic Credit Opportunities
A number of colleges and universities offer credit for participation in HighScope training programs. Those include:
- Eastern Michigan University (Ypsilanti, Michigan)
- Wayne County Community College District (Detroit, Michigan)
Eastern Michigan University
There are three ways EMU students can apply HighScope training to their degree credit requirements.
- The Eastern Michigan University Early Childhood Education graduate program will accept successful completion of weeks one and two of the HighScope Preschool Curriculum Course (PCC). This will equal 40 contact hours for Eastern's Early Childhood Education course #602, Implementing Appropriate Early Childhood Programs. In addition to attending the PCC, students will do an additional written assignment on the differences and similarities in implementing appropriate programs of the two age groups not addressed in the PCC, (which focuses only on 3–5 year-olds). Students will examine appropriate experiences for infants and toddlers and primary age children.
- The Numbers Plus Preschool Mathematics Curriculum training course, which is equal to 15 contact hours, will be accepted by EMUs Early Childhood Education graduate program as one credit of restricted electives. In addition to the Numbers Plus course work, there will be one additional assignment addressing the needs of primary age children.
- EMU will allow graduate students to take another segment of the HighScope training and will apply that course content toward one Independent Study credit.
Each of these arrangements is unique. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.